A collection of poems and other writings...

Sunday 2 March 2014

A few shorts... Italy, Lucky, Polka, Recycling & Parrot

A couple of memories from primary school days...

Italy

                          One day
                     we had
                   been do-
                 ing Italy
               and when
             I got home
            I told Mum
          that    we
         had done
       all about 
     the Leaning 
    Tower of 
   PenisShe said
I don’t think you did, dear.



Lucky

Neil Bond had
brittle bones

- but
they didn’t find out
until
I trod on his foot.

So that was lucky.

...and one or two more recent observations.

Polka

she walks on rapid feet
two soft cheeks
wrapped in polka dots
settling into an
eye-popping
syncopated
wobble


Recycling

Well 
can’t
tell if
it   is
funny or
sad   that
Alan’s     Dad
drains the dregs
of the whisky at
the bottle bank

and finally a true story...

Parrot

And as they came in
he said
- but why?

And she said
- because you need
your vegetables
and fruit.

And he said
- Oh, I’m sorry
I thought you said
parrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment