A collection of poems and other writings...

Tuesday 24 February 2015

House of Cards

I have found the
house of cards 
that you have
built.

It is here on the coffee table.

I can see that
you have taken trouble here –
(I will not say more trouble than it justifies.)

I can see how you have spent time
controlling your fingers,
staying their minute tremor.

When I stoop
hands behind my back
and cease breathing
I can see,
close to,
how you
have flexed each card
so that the slight curvature
might assist the delicate
pretence of strength.

You have been occupied in
buttressing suit upon suit
back against front
tip against tip
finding the balance
failing but
not being defeated
Found here http://sebtown294.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/a-card-house-life.html
edge to edge
one against another
faces to backs.

Your dedication to your task
is exemplary
and you have constructed a mighty piece
a temple
a castle of whimsical dreams
a fairy fortress

you have indeed
choreographed
this delicate dance of physics

and I applaud you

but can you clear it away now please.

No comments:

Post a Comment