A collection of poems and other writings...

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Anyway

Anyway

Young Yorkshire mum
with two young sons
walking up
Upper Valley Road

I’m in behind her
admiring her
South Riding
two undulating hills
in pure grassgreen
brushed cotton

that needs smoothing
I’m thinking

but I don’t…

Does my bum look big in this?
I’m remembering from the TV show
and I’m silently answering
Yes
but in a really good way.

Anyway

Son One is up ahead
testing out his leadership skills
knowing the way
Number Two a good bit younger
is hanging back and
has just hit whine mode


Anyway

she sounds pretty
patient with him
cooing and cajoling
but he’s climbing the whine gears
with indistinct complaining
and with each rising note
you can hear her
jaw clenching and
her teeth gritting.

Anyway

eventually

he hits High ‘Me’
and finally her fury
bursts buttons on her blouse
like popping candy
and she Yorkshire yells

“What, Timiteo?!

Anyway
we’ve got to go shopping!”

No comments:

Post a Comment