A collection of poems and other writings...

Tuesday 10 March 2015

More twitterings from me

I love the discipline of 140 characters.  Most of these are inspired by observations as I walk around town - with a healthy sprinkling of fiction...

#arse

Your arse sweeps
around the corner
behind you
like a flock of
sugar-buzzed
nephews

#poorly

A furtive filigree
has permeated my organs
wrapping its foul fingers
around my kidneys
poking holes
in the portmanteau
of my aching head


#cadaver

The cadaverous old lecher
we have known lies
muffled in a blanket
of solitude & misery.
Self pity
sports flimsy clothing
stained with tears


#bones

The dying bones
beneath your skin seek
the soft touch of the air
Their ends stretch out
your corners
like new white teeth
erupting from gums


#candle

This man
has drowned
your heart
in darkness.
I have a candle
Let us strike a match.



#swans

It's
22:22
And
In
That
Minute
I
See
4
Swans
Swim by


#mosque

I glance left
a beautiful young woman
runs out of the Central Mosque.
She sees me and
instantly
slows to
a walk.

#inspirations

At the car hire shop
there is a jar
on the shelf
behind Chloe
marked "Inspirations"
It is sealed
and has three
small
pieces of paper
inside


#chew

Three young women
sit eating steak
in Saha Steak House
teeth on chewy flesh.
An elderly man walks by
& puffs out his cheeks

in a silent whistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment