A collection of poems and other writings...

Friday 14 November 2014

What did you do at school today?



-What did you do at school today, Christopher?  Did anything exciting happen?
- We did papier mache.
- Did you?  What did you make?
- We had to cover a bowl with paper and glue till the glue dried and then take it off and have a paper bowl.  We have to paint it tomorrow.
- Oh, lovely – a paper bowl, how lovely!  Was it fun?
- Mrs White got cross with me.
- Did she, why?
- She told me off because she got gluey paper all over her fingers when she was helping me and she made me pick it off her fingers even though I didn’t put it there she did so I don’t know why she got cross with me.
- Oh dear.  Well, was playtime fun?
- Well…
- Well what?
- Well, a boy’s nose fell on a fist.
- What?
- A boy’s nose fell on a fist in the playground.
- Oh dear, was he all right?
- Well, it did bleed. But he went in to see the Nurse and she stopped it.
- Which boy was it?
- Kevin.
- Kevin?  Your friend, Kevin?
- Yes.  But, …
- But what?
- Well I’m not sure that he is my friend any more.
- Oh dear.  Why not?
- Because of the falling.
- What?
- Because of falling on the fist.
- Oh?  Why would he stop being friends with you, though?
- Don’t know.  He just did.
- What?
- When he came back from the Nurse after dinner he wouldn’t talk to me.
- Why not?
- He said it was my fault.
- Why?  Did you push him or something?
- No!
- What then?
- It was my fist.
- What?
- It was my fist he fell on.
- Do you mean you hit him?
- No!  He fell, but I had my fist up and he … he fell on it.  My fist.  And it did bleed a lot and he was really upset.
- Oh dear.  Well, …. maybe you could take him something tomorrow to make him feel better?
- What?  Medicine?
- No, I mean a little present or something…
- Like what?
- Well, I don’t know.  What do you like when you feel upset?
- I like dinkies.
- Hm?
- I like playing with my dinkies.
- Oh yes!  Well maybe you could take him one of your dinkies to play with.  Just to make friends again.
- I could take him my Mini but he can’t have my James Bond car.
- Yes, all right.  Why don’t you take him your Mini dinky?

- All right.  I’ll take him my Mini… … … to borrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment