A collection of poems and other writings...

Saturday 8 November 2014

Do you?

To a child, the world is full of mysteries...

Sometimes
when they are walking
people’s bottoms
make a smile
and sometimes
they make a cross
with a little dark diamond
at the middle.

Do you ever wonder what it’s like in there?

In bed at night
if I picked my nose
and didn’t know what to do with it
I would stick it to the wall by my bed
then a few days later
when it was dry
I would
pick it off again.

Our bedroom wallpaper
had animals
all over it
and next to my bed all the animals
had little white patches
where the paper had come off
with the pickings.

And when you’re walking
by the road
and there’s traffic
queued up at
traffic lights
do you look and see
the drivers
picking their noses
or do you see

the way seatbelts go 
in between
ladies’ bosoms?

No comments:

Post a Comment