A collection of poems and other writings...

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Grandma And The Web

I taught Grandma how to use the internet
I hoped it would improve her final years
But I did not anticipate
The troubles that would lay in wait
And now I fear it’s all ending in tears.

I bought her a nice tablet and a dongle thing
I bought her quite a clever little mouse.
I thought she could watch kittens
as she sat and knitted mittens
or whatever grandmas do about the house.

I taught her how to write a little email
and I showed her how to take a pic or two
now she’s photoshopping,
phototinting, photocropping
I’m not sure that’s what grandmothers should do.

And now Granddad has got in on the act
He’s potty for the poker and the ebay
He likes to spend his cash
though it may be rather rash
and there’s really nothing anyone can say.

I got them onto facebook and on Google plus
I told her about myspace - which was silly.
I knew there’d be a scandal
when I heard her Twitter handle
You can tweet her now @grandmaloveswilly

And now I fear it’s started to go wrong
I bought her a webcam - she’s gone absurd.
Now there’s a film called “Grandma’s Tits”
that has fifty thousand hits
and, believe me, it’s not about the bird.


And she and Granddad like to chat on skype
They call me up but don’t know the cameras on
There’s Grandma eating Snickers
In just her bra and knickers
And granddad wearing nothing but his thong.

I think I’ll have to put a stop to it
I can’t let them carry on as such
They’re really just too randy
and the webcam is too handy
And Grandma’s Sextape really was too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment