A collection of poems and other writings...

Saturday 24 May 2014

Looking in windows...

Yes, I've been looking in windows again

Bunting

Two
sit side by side
on the sofa
she – dressing gown and spectacles
he – slippers, unsmiling

above them
stretched across the room
a string of fading bunting.



Restaurant

For two seconds
I walk past
you
in the restaurant.

Vertical blinds
strobing as I pass,
drawing
the cape of early evening
down the hill behind me
as you begin your day;
the hank of hair
tied prisoner
down the back
of your
crisp, white jacket.

You turn away
from the kitchen entrance
back into the empty dining room
your hands poised
on your thighs
brushing potential crumbs
from the black knap -
passing the moistness
of labour
into the fibres,

while your eyes
wander
seeking
your next task.

For two seconds
I walk past
you
in the restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment