A collection of poems and other writings...

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Julian is Mad!

Julian lives in a council flat.  
In
Leicester Square.
A council flat.

Leicester Square.
He pays £25.00 per week in rent.
For a council flat... 
...in
Leicester Square.
The council have asked him would he like to buy it - 
the council flat
 in Leicester Square

for £27,000.
Malcolm and I cannot believe it. 
£27,000
- Of course you must, says Malcolm. 
- No, I will not, says Julian, I am content.
Malcolm rolls his eyes.

Julian is mad!

...
- Today, says Julian, I am mad. 
- Oh, why? I ask 
- Today, Ahmed comes to see me. 
- This afternoon? 
- Yes, this afternoon.
Ahmed works in the Indian restaurant
- So why are you mad? He is your friend. 
- But today he brings me chicken wings. 
- Fantastic, I say, chicken wings from the restaurant. Brilliant! 
- No, it is not good, says Julian. He brings too many. 
- What do you mean, too many? 
- Too many chicken wings, I cannot eat them all. 
- So. Save some and have them tomorrow. 
- Yes, so I have to turn the fridge on! Electricity! It cost money, you know - it not come free!

No comments:

Post a Comment