A collection of poems and other writings...

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Tarzan

Sometimes
I was
Tarzan.

I made myself
a brilliant bow and arrow.
The arrow had a nail in it
for a point
held in by Elastoplaster.
It went really well.

I shot at a magpie
that flew
past
the house
and I really nearly
got it.

My arrow went
as high as
the bathroom window
then disappeared
through a
little round hole
in the glass
right in front of it.

I used to play
Tarzan
in the bedroom.

I had to get right round the room
without touching
the floor -
otherwise
the crocodiles
would get me and I’d
have to kill them with my knife.

After tea
Mum said
she had met
Mrs Rolfe in town.

Sometimes
you could see
Mrs Rolfe
in her kitchen
from our bedroom.

Mum said
Mrs Rolfe wondered
whether I was too big
to be playing in the window

in my underpants.

No comments:

Post a Comment